Get widget

Christmas in Paris

Maybe this year you choose to see how fashionable Parisians spend Christmas time. Bursting with the holidays spirit, Paris has always been a destination for romantic couples, families, food lovers and stylish Xmas shoppers. It's the perfect place to spend the festive season, celebrating in Paris, the City of Lights.

Champs Elysees - Winter 2011 #2

Champs-Elysées

Whenever I get to Paris, the first important thing I do, is take a stroll down the elegant Champs-Elysées. It always looks marvelous, but in Christmas it is breathtaking. The famous avenue it decked out with sparkling Christmas trees, and over 150 000 colorful lights decorate the avenue from the Palace de la Concorde to the Arc de Triomphe. This will set you in the right mood for Christmas shopping. The famed Lido de Paris cabaret is situated here, but I prefer to buy Moulin Rouge tickets since that's where cabaret was born. 

A Christmas mandala ;-)

Christmas Markets

As a traveler, I love the Euro. Having the same coin almost all over Europe makes it easier to value all those price tags out there. I know immediately if the price that is in front of me is or not in my price range. it's the perfect situation for the 'need to do' gifts shopping. In Paris there are some charming Christmas markets that are open until the New Year. I also love to go to the wonderful Galleries Lafayette department store, even if some things there are over of my budget. I recommended it not only for the luxury shopping, but also for the decorations, the huge Christmas tree under the marvelous glass dome and the Christmas carols.

Crepes and mulled wine at the Christmas market

0 comments:

Post a Comment